CR7 or CR9? Manchester United or Real Madrid?



Yesterday there were reports suggesting that Man United winger Cristiano Ronaldo had a verbal agreement with Real Madrid saying that he will join them this summer but there have been two totally conflicting reports today.

Cristiano Ronaldo has pledged his future to Manchester United by saying this (taken from SkySports):
"I intend to win as many trophies as I can with this club for as long as possible," he said.
"We are a young team and the future is good.
"I want to be here and be part of the success that lies ahead. It is great to be part of such a fantastic club.
"I intend to be here for years and years."
"We are going to try and win the lot, and why not? In my head I know it is possible," added Ronaldo.
"The priority is to retain the Premier League and Champions League and we have the players, the spirit and desire to do more.
"We want to make history by winning all five trophies."

But The Sun (which I wouldn't call reliable) are reporting that Ronaldo has registered his initials as a trademark, not much of a suprise but the suprise is that he hasn't registered it with the number 7, he has registered it with the number 9 which is apparently the number that Real Madrid have promised him.

The digits 'CR9' were copyrighted last month in Portugal to be used on merchandise or as the name for a restaurant or bar.

Ronaldo has also revealed that he is learning Spanish and he has a sponsorship deal with a Portuguese bank which gives them exclusive marketing rights if he goes to Spain,

CR9 was registered by his agent Jorge Mendes at the National Institute of Industrial Property in Lisbon. Ronaldo already has CR7.

Ronaldo has just starred in a new Nike advert (the video at the top of this post).


I have my own opinion on this, which is why I am writing this post, none of the stuff (apart from learning Spanish) has come from Cristiano himself and just like what has come from SkySports that could have easily been made up aswell because as far as I know it isn't on video but I do think he will be here next season, it wouldn't suprise me if he signs a new contract but it wouldn't suprise me if he does join Real Madrid, when he is 30 odd.

Leave a Reply