Carrick Plus £10 million For Modric?

Spurs midfielder Luca Modric.
Reports are surfacing today stating that Man United will soon be offering Michael Carrick plus cash for Tottenham’s Luca Modric, is this really true?

We have heard both Man United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and United Chief Executive David Gill say that United won’t make any more signings this summer.
If United did want to get rid of a player, I don’t think it would be Michael Carrick especially with Paul Scholes nearing retirement and Owen Hargreaves constantly being injured.

According to metro, Man United will offer Spurs £10 million plus Carrick, so they have money and an instant replacement.

What I saw of Modric last season, he didn’t impress. He looked weak and he didn’t settle into the Premier League. So far this season, Modric has definitely improved but I don’t think that this will happen.

Personally, I think that it should be the other way round. Carrick (in my eyes) is worth a lot more than Modric and a better player. That might just be because I am a biased Man United fan even though I try not to be too biased.

This is probably just a load of rubbish, Carrick had a penalty saved against Burnley and now that means he is leaving United.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Bongmantv says:

    goal.com also say we are trying to sign Arjen Robben http://goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/08/23/1456874/manchester-united-re-ignite-interest-in-arjen-robben-report

  2. Shuggo says:

    Hi Bongmantv. You beat me to it, I was just writing that up. Thanks for your comment.

    Would you like to see Robben at Old Trafford?

Leave a Reply