Fergie Wants A Barca Re-Run

Man United kick off their Champion’s League campaign on Tuesday against Besiktas, ahead of that game Sir Alex Ferguson has said that he wants a Man United Barca re-run.

Man United played Barcelona in last season’s Champion’s League final, Barca won 2-0 and we were played off the pitch. This hasn’t put the gaffer off and he wants another Man United/ Barcelona final.

"I would love the chance to redress the situation with Barcelona. Absolutely. I would love another final with them," Fergie told the Daily Star.
"You look at that defeat and you can look at reasons and excuses. But it's always better to look at the reasons.
"We're now quite clear about where it went wrong and that's always helpful.

"There were valid reasons and so we were able to move on. I wouldn't go into the reasons for the defeat but I did take the DVDs with me on holiday and watched the game again.

"We went through everything too, with my backroom staff. The whole build-up. Everything. Was it the right hotel, was the training right? So we are quite clear about where we are now with that defeat.

"I quite like these games. It's not a problem. What went wrong against Barcelona can be put right. Certainly it will all be put right.
"I didn't kick myself over the summer. I have been long enough in the game to know that you can't win them all.

"Sometimes you just have to accept that bad days come along and you move on from there. It was disappointing though.
"You don't like losing finals of European games. It was the first one I have lost so it was really disappointing for everyone."

If Man United and Barcelona both play to their full potential in the Champion’s League this year then I cannot think of any reason why they can’t play each other in the final.

I am expecting atleast one of these two teams to be in the final.

Leave a Reply