Rio, How Could You Say That!

Everybody has a team who they loved and hated when they were younger and many people still hate the same team. Rio Ferdinand has said which team he hated when he was younger and it came as a surprise to me on who it was.

Apparently Rio Ferdinand hated Manchester United because they won everything. Ferdinand joined United from Leeds in 2002 for £29.1million, but before that he had always said that he would never join Man United.

Rio said:
"I couldn't stand United when I was 21 or 22 because they used to win everything.
"A United fan came up to me once and said 'I bet you'd love to come to United'. I said 'I'll never go there'.
"But I have to admit I was so excited when I arrived."
"I'll be 34 when this contract runs out (in 2012) and I'd have to be very lucky with injuries and keep in tiptop shape to go beyond that. If I'm still playing in the first team at 34 I'll be delighted."

You have been fantastic for the team and you have seen sense so I think that we can just about forgive you for saying that.

Leave a Reply