Nani Wants To Be A Part Of History

CHELSEA V MANCHESER UNITED


Man United winger Luis Nani has said that he wants to be a part of Manchester United's history. This will be Nani's third season with Man United, the last two haven't been that successful performance wise but now it is time for him to shine.

Over the past few years I believe that Nani and other United players have been overshadowed by Cristiano Ronaldo, now he has gone it is time for them to shine.

"It makes me really happy to know that this club wants to keep me, it really gives me confidence,"
Nani told The Daily Telegraph. "It's fantastic to know that, at a club like this, they are thinking about my future. I heard something about Barcelona.

"It is good for a player to hear that the best clubs in the world want you to play for them. But my mind was only thinking about Manchester. I have never thought about going. I have been here only two years and want to do something for this club, to be part of its history."

"I’m thinking only about this season. Forget the past. I want to be the man. I think I have a lot to do to show them my best, because I haven't done that yet. I want to get to the point where I have the confidence of the manager, the players and the fans. Once you have that then everything is possible because you know they are all there to support you.”

"I know a lot of people compare me with Cristiano but I don't want that because I'm different. Yes, there are some similarities but we are also different.

“ I don't want to be compared with him all the time, it's not good, especially if things are not going well. I want to hear people speaking about Nani not saying things like 'look, he does that like Cristiano…'.

"I want to focus on helping the team more, on getting good crosses and assists for my colleagues as well as getting shots on target. If you help the team then everything else follows."

"This can be my season,"
he added, "and I'm going to work every day for that."

I think it is fantastic to hear that, Nani does have the quality and skill, he just has to show that throughout a whole season not just one or two matches. The jury is still out on Nani but I would love to see him succeed and I think he will do.


Leave a Reply