Studs Ended Forlan's Man United Career


Manchester United v CelticDiego Forlan joined Man United in 2002 and he has said that his Man United career ended because he chose the wrong studs.

Forlan has said that he chose the wrong boots for the all-important match against Chelsea. Apparently Sir Alex Ferguson told him to wear boots with large studs, he said that he would change his boots, but he didn’t.

"(Sir Alex) Ferguson wanted me to play with high studs, the interchangeable ones that suit wet pitches," Forlan told the official Champions League magazine. 

"But I feel more comfortable in low ones. I agreed to change boots, but I didn't. Against Chelsea, I slipped in front of goal and wasted a chance. Afterwards, I rushed to the dressing room to change boots. Ferguson caught me. He grabbed the boots and threw them. That was my last game for United."

Oh dear!

In other words, if you tell the gaffer you are going to do something, you better do it.

Leave a Reply